You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Group Discussion

Reason of Literacy Rate of Andhra Pradesh ?

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'Reason of Literacy Rate of Andhra Pradesh ?'.
    Reason of Literacy Rate of Andhra Pradesh

Literacy Rate of Andhra Pradesh is near about 60.47 %, can anyone tell what is the main reason behind the literacy rate?

As in above mentioned forum I posted that Literacy Rate of Andhra Pradesh is near about 60.47 %, which is noticed by me in a general knowledge book. It may vary from 1 to 2 percent plus/minus. But still it is very less in amount and it must be high as compare to other states of India, we know kerela is First in the race of literacy and they deserve for that because their system is education oriented, the main reason for this literacy is the system of education, only this will be the reason for the education system.

How System is Responsible?

I know you will ask this question, why system is responsible for all this literacy, my answer will be, system is responsible for each and every development of the state, how much system is concentrating toward a state job and how much they think to develop is more important.

Dream Viewing Andhra Pradesh with Highest literacy rate.

Thank You.

With Regards
    RKD
    Proud to be an AndhraSpider Member

Mail Me: rkdnet@gmail.com

Hi RKD,

The literacy rate in Andhra Pradesh is good. But when compared to Kerala it is very backward. But here I would like to say something like in the recent results of various competitive examinations Andhra Pradesh stood first. Here the problem for less literacy rate in Andhra Pradesh is due to the failures in the system of education.

If we see the Government schools, the students are very less, because there are so many problems in Government Schools, say lack of teachers, good accommodation, new equipment etc. In most of the Government schools only 1 or 2 teachers will be there, who has to take care of the total children. Is it possible for them to take care of the children. So here the problem is in the system.

If we see the private schools, many schools have taken education as business. Schools are taking more and more fees, and they feel if they charge more fees, their school will be no.1, so lower middle class people they cannot join their wards in these schools. Here the problem is poverty.

In villages even now, people think that even if they study, nobody will give job guarantee, so why to send their children to school, instead if they send them to some work, they can learn some technical work and earn their livelihood. Here the problem is lack of awareness.

These are all my own experiences. These are some of the causes for less literacy rate in Andhra Pradesh.

Subba Raju, MV
    Editor

Given the size of the state and Population the literecy rate in AP is less.

It should have been between 70 to 75 percent.

Govt has lauched Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan with School Chalein hum slogon.

But where it has gone.

Govt is responsible for its laxity to have good literecy rate.

K Mohan

Lets unitedly work for the progress of this site...

so sad about it

• Sign In to post your comments