Anantapur District Profile
Anantapur District was formed in 1882.
East: Kadapa District
West: Karnataka State
South: Chittoor District
Total Population: 3,640,478
Literacy Rate: 56.69%
Forest and Hills:
Muchukota Hills: 35 kms in length.
Nagasamudram Hills: Gooty Mandal, 80 kms in length
North of Bukkapatnam: 3002 feet
Penukonda: 3091 feet
Kundurpi Durgam: 2996 feet
Madakasira: 2936 feet
Vedavathi or Hagari River
Gold: At Ramagiri Village in Ramagiri Mandal.
Diamonds: Diamonds are available near vajrakarur.
Famous Tourist Places:
2. Lepakshi Temple
4. Alurkona Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple
5. Pennaahobilam Degurla Narasimha swamy Temple
6. Gutibayalu Banyan Tree spread over nearly 5 acres
10. Rayadurg Fort
11. Gooty Fort
13. Sri Kadiri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple.
15. Jambu Dweepa at konakondla
16. Puttapathy Prasanthi Nilayam of Sri Satya Sai Baba.
Anantapur, Tadipatri, Kadiri, Dharmavaram, Uraakonda, Rayadurg, Hindupur, Guntakal, Kalyandurg, Alur, Gooty, Chitrachedu, Enumaladoddi, Lepashi, Yalagalavanka, Puttaparthi.
Anantapur Division: (20 Mandals)
Anantapur, Atmakur, BK Samudram, Garladinne, Gooty, Guntakal, Kudair, Narpala, Pamidi, Pedda Pappur, Peddavaduguru, Puttur, Rapathadu, Singanamala, Tadipatri, Uravakonda,
Vajrakarur, Vidapanakal, Yadiki, Yellanur.
Dharmavaram Division: (17 Mandals)
Bathalapalli, Beluguppa, Bommanahal, Brahmasamundram, CK Palli, D. Hirehal, Dharmavaram, Gummagatta, Kalyanadurg, Kambadur, Kanganapalli, Kanekal,Kundurpi,
Ramagiri, Ramagiri, Settur, Tadimarri
Penukonda Division: (26 Mandals)
Agali, Amadaguru, Amarapuram, Bukkapatnam, Chilamathur, Gandiapenta, Gorantla, Guddibanda, Hindupur, Kadiri, Kothacheruvu, Lepakshi, Madakasira, Mudigubba, NP Kunta, Nallacheruvu, Nallamada, OD Cheruvu, Parigi, Penukonda, Puttaparthy, Roddam, Rolla, Somandepalli, Talupula, Tanakal.
Famous Personalities from Anantapur District:
1. Dr. Neelam Sanjiva Reddy: First Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh and former President of India.
2. Ballari Raghava: Greatest Telugu drama artist. He was awarded title " Rao Bahaddur"
3. Tarimala Nagi Reddy: Communist Politician.
Dharamvaram Silk Sarees are very well known all over the Country.
No responses found. Be the first to respond...