How to make Andhra Recipe famous Sunnundalu - Urad Daal Laddus
Andhra Pradesh is famous for various sweets of its own like sunnundalu, putarekulu, chandrakantalu and the like. Sunnundalu is one such famous sweet of Andhra Pradesh which is liked by the people of all age group. In fact it is given as a saare during the marriage ceremony to the groom party. So famous this sweet is in the state. In this article I would like to mention the easy way of preparing the sweet which is a tasty and is healthy sweet as well. Here is an easy way preparing the sweet.
Ingredients required to prepare Sunnundalu
1. two cups split black gram / urad daal (minapappu)
2. one and half cups powdered sugar
3. one cup ghee / melted butter
How to make Sunnundalu
1. Heat a pan and dry roast urad daal till it turns dark brown in colour.
2. On cooling grind it to a powder in a mixer.
3. Take this urad daal powder in a bowl and add sugar to it.
4. Lightly heat the ghee and slowly pour the ghee into this powder.
5. Keep on mixing with a clean and neat hand till all the powder is mixed even.
6. Make laddus of desired sized with this powder. You can add little more ghee if necessary.
7. Andhra famous sunnundalu are ready. Relish the healthy sweet.