Bhadrachalam Temple Andhra Pradesh
You might be planning a trip to visit temples in Andhra Pradesh? Well, then you must visit the
Bhadrachalam Temple located there. Here you will get information about Bhadrachalam Temple regarding its features, location, contact information, official website, history, timings, accommodation facilities and many more! Read this article before you plan the trip.
Bhadrachalam Temple, where the presiding deity is Lord Rama is located on the banks of Godavari river in Andhra Pradesh state, India. Bhadrachalam is a town located in Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh state, India. Bhadrachalam temple is also known as the lord Sree Sita Ramachandra Swamy temple. Bhadrachalam is a famous Hindu temple of lord Rama. This temple is considered to be one of the greatest holy shrines in south India with a rich and unique historical back ground. More correctly we can say that this temple is located in the Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh state, India. The important fact regarding this temple is that it is the venue of grand celebrations on Rama Navami day, which marks the wedding anniversary occasion of lord Rama and Sita. Some religious festivals like Vykuntha Ekadasi festival and the Vaaggeyakara Mahotsavams are celebrated on a grand scale at this temple every year. An important feature of this temple is the idol of lord Rama with a bow in one hand, along with Shanku and Chakra, amalgamations of Vishnu and Rama.
Contact Bhadrachalam Temple
For accommodation and other details, you can contact
Sree Seetha Ramachandra Swamy Vaari
Bhadrachalam 500 711
Andhra Pradesh State, India
History of Bhadrachalam Temple
There is a belief; it is from this place that lord Rama was supposed to cross the Godavari River to go to Lanka in search of his believed wife Sita. A local Tahsildar named Kancharla Gopanna, who is popularly known as Bhakta Ramadas built this temple in the 17th century.
Official website of Bhadrachalam temple www.bhadrachalarama.org
Bhadrachalam temple timings4:30 AM- 8:30 PM
Accommodation facilities near Bhadrachalam Temple
- Sri Rama Nilayam
- Yadagiri Sadan
- Sri Ram Sadan
- TTD Choultry single bed / double bed
- Rama Lakshmi single room
- Kamala Kuteer single room
- Veeranna single room
- Gutha Nilayam single room
- Koneru single room A/C cottage
- Peddi Raju single room A/C cottage
- Sagar double room A/C cottage
- Dhana Lakshmi Nilayam single room (A/C)
- Shyama Vihar A/C doubles A/C
- Nandi Nilayam double room single A/C
- Brahmaji double room doubles A/C
- Sarada Nilayam double room single A/C
- Rama Nilayam A/C
- Sita Nilayam single A/C cottage
- Venkat Nilayam A block double A/C
- Venkat Nilayam B block double A/C
For details of charges, you must visit the official website.
How to reach Bhadrachalam Temple?
For the convenience of devotees who wish to visit the Bhadrachalam temple, I am providing the details of RTC timings.
- Basara(472 km) : Timing 08.30 : Rs INR 189
- Tirupati(606 km) : Timing 14.45 : Rs INR 242
- Vemulavada(324 km): Timing 04.15 : Rs INR 130
- Srisailam(472 km): Timing 04.30 : Rs INR 189
- Vijayanagaram(422 km): Timing 08.30, 05.30. : Rs INR 169
- Eluru(190 km): Timing 07:30, 15.00, 22.00 : Rs INR 086.00
- Rajolu(327 km): Timing 07.00 : Rs INR 131
- Amalapuram(309 km): Timing 20.00 : Rs INR 124
- Vishakapatanam(370 km): Timing 05.30, 18.30 : Rs INR 148
- Rajahmundry (239, 190 km)(via Kukkunoor): Timing 06.30, 07.30, 08.30, 14.45, 17.45, 20.00 : Rs INR 096.00, 067.00 (via Kukkunoor)
- Vijayawada (184 km): Timing 04.00- 22.30: Rs INR 075.00
- Hyderabad (316 km): Timing 03.15, 05.00, 06.30, 08.00, 09.00, 10.45, 09.30, 21.00, 22.30 : Rs INR 139.00(Luxury), 126.00(Express), 165.00(Hiltech)
Also read Tirumala Venkateswara Temple
No responses found. Be the first to respond...